This Policy describes how Makerfire processes your personal data, but it may not address all possible data processing scenarios. Makerfire may inform you of product- or service-specific data collection through supplementary policies or notices provided before collection.
This Policy describes:
I. How We Collect and Use Your Personal Data
II. Disclosure of Personal Data
III. How We Use the Information We Collect
IV. How We Protect and Retain Your Personal Data
V. Cookies & Similar Technologies
VI. Updates to This Policy
VII. How to Contact Us
I. How We Collect and Use Your Personal Data
Information We Collect on the Makerfire Tech Products and Services
• User-provided Information. When you use Makerfire Tech Products and Services, you may provide us with information about you, including your name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and payment information. You may provide us with information in various ways when using Makerfire Tech Products and Services.
• User-provided Information About Others. We may also collect and store information about other people that you or other users provide to us. If you use Makerfire Tech Products and Services to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) information that may interest them or messages through Makerfire Tech Products and Services, we may store information about you and information relating to each such recipient. Similarly, if you use Makerfire Tech Products and Services to upload, share and/or distribute content (including photos, videos, flight data, or other submissions), and such content contains information about others, we may store, process, and disclose that information as provided for under this Policy.
• Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use certain Makerfire Tech Products and Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of Makerfire Tech Products and Services to their fullest potential. We may use third-party cookies as well. Makerfire Tech does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use Makerfire Tech Products and Services.
• Device-Related and Flight-Related Information. When you use Makerfire Tech Products and Services, you will provide us with information relating to (1) your Makerfire Tech Product or Service, your non-Makerfire Tech device on which the Makerfire Tech Product or Service is used (including computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access Makerfire Tech Products and Services), and your photos or videos that you upload using Makerfire Tech Products and Services. This information may include (1) information about your non-Makerfire Tech device (including your device ID, hardware version, and operating system); (2) information about your Makerfire Tech device (including the model and a serial number of your device); (3) geolocation data relating to your non-Makerfire Tech device and Makerfire Tech device and any photo or video you submitted using Makerfire Tech Products and Services; (4) information about any photo or video recorded, including the name of the video file, the length of the video, EXIF data relating to the photo or video, and the photo or video data itself; (5) other technical information, including the IP address used by your non-Makerfire Tech device and flight record data; and (6) data associated with your Makerfire Tech account.
• Third-Party Web Beacons and Third Party Buttons. We may display third-party content on or through Makerfire Tech Products and Services, including third-party advertising. We also may enable you to connect your Makerfire Tech account to, or otherwise interface with, third-party services, including third-party social networks and communications services. Besides, we may implement third party buttons that may function as web beacons even when you do not interact with the button. Information collected through third-party web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, not by Makerfire Tech. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
• Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from third parties and sources other than Makerfire Tech Products and Services, such as our business partners, contractors, advertisers, and other third parties.
2. Disclosure of Personal Data
• We do not share your Personal Data to companies, organizations, and individuals that are not members of Makerfire except the following situations: Sharing with your explicit consent: We may share your personal data with others after obtaining your explicit consent.
Sharing under legal circumstances: When we believe it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or protect your vital interests or those of any other person, we may also share your Personal Data to our professional advisers, law enforcement agencies, insurers, government and regulatory and other organizations, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable laws.
Sharing with our associated companies: Your personal data may be shared with our associated companies for the following purposes:
• Provide you with services based on our associated companies and recommend information that you may be interested in;
• Protect the personal property of our associated companies or other users of Makerfire from infringement.
• We only share the necessary personal data. We will ask for your authorization again if we share your personal sensitive data or if the associated companies change the use and processing of your personal data.
Sharing with authorized partners: For the purposes stated in this policy, some of our services will be provided by us and our authorized partners. We may share some of your personal data with these partners to provide you with better customer service and user experience. Examples of these partners or service providers include:
• Our business partners (for example, for them to provide you with discounts or offers that may interest you);
• Logistics partners for providing delivery services for buyers, including return and exchange of products, and warehousing services for sellers; These Service Providers must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are only permitted to use your Personal Data in connection with the purposes specified above, and not for their own purposes.
• We do not transfer your Personal Data to any companies, organizations , and individuals except the following situations: Transferring with your explicit consent: We may transfer your personal data with others after obtaining your explicit consent.
• We may disclose your Personal Data in the following situations:
Disclosing with your explicit consent: We may disclose your personal data with others after obtaining your explicit consent.
When we believe that you have violated laws and regulations or seriously violated the policies of Makerfire, and it is necessary to comply with applicable laws or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights or protect the vital interests of any other person on Makerfire, we may also disclose your Personal Data to any other person with your consent to the disclosure. These data also include related violations and actions taken by the Makerfire.
• Exceptions with authorization According to relevant laws and regulations, sharing, transferring, and disclosing your personal data in the following situations does not require your authorization:
Related to national security and national defense security;
Related to public security, public health, and vital public interests;
Related to crime investigation, prosecution, trial, and judgment execution;
In order to protect your personal data and other information but is difficult to obtain your own permission
Personal data that are disclosed to the public by yourself;
Personal data collected from legally disclosed information, such as legitimate news reports and government information disclosure channels;
Personal data have been de-identified and cannot be recovered.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect through Makerfire Tech Products and Services in a variety of ways in providing the Makerfire Tech Products and Services and operating our business, including the following:
• We use the information that we collect through Makerfire Tech Products and Services to operate, maintain, enhance and provide features of the Makerfire Tech Products and Services, to verify and manage Makerfire Tech user accounts, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users, and to process and deliver entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to by Makerfire Tech.
• We use the information that we collect through Makerfire Tech Products and Services to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Makerfire Tech Products and Services, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
• We may use your information to contact you for administrative, informational, and marketing (where you have consented) purposes. This may include providing customer service or sending communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by us and by third parties we work with. We will ask for your consent to send you marketing communications. You may withdraw your consent at any time and we will no longer send you marketing communications.
• We may use the information we collect to (1) personalize Makerfire Tech Products and Services; (2) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (3) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Makerfire Tech Products and Services and third-party marketing activities; (4) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as the total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (5) review your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities involving Makerfire Tech Products and Services.
4. How We Protect and Retain Your Personal Data
The security of your personal data is important to us. We use appropriate physical, management, and technical measures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, modification, damage, or loss. For example, we use cryptographic technologies for data confidentiality, protection mechanisms to prevent attacks, and access control mechanisms to permit only authorized access to your personal data. We also provide training on security and privacy protection for employees to raise their awareness of personal data protection. Makerfire is committed to protecting your personal data; however, please note that no security measure is perfect.
We will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes stated in this Policy, unless otherwise extending the retention period is required or permitted by law. The data storage period may vary with scenario, product, and service. The standards Makerfire uses to determine the retention period are as follows: the time required to retain personal data to fulfill business purposes, including providing products and services; maintaining corresponding transaction and business records; controlling and improving the performance and quality of products and services; ensuring the security of systems, products, and services; handling possible user queries or complaints and locating problems; whether the user agrees to a longer retention period; and whether the laws, contracts, and other equivalencies have special requirements for data retention; etc. We will maintain your registration information as long as your account is necessary for service provision. You can choose to deregister your account. After you deregister your account, we will stop providing you with products and services through your account and delete your relevant personal data, provided that deletion is not otherwise stipulated by special legal requirements.
5. Cookies & Similar Technologies
To ensure our website works correctly, we may at times place a small piece of data known as a cookie on your computer or mobile device. A cookie is a text file stored by a web server on a computer or mobile device. The content of a cookie can be retrieved or read-only by the server that creates the cookie. The text in a cookie often consists of identifiers, site names, and some numbers and characters. Cookies are unique to the browsers or mobile applications you use, and enable websites to store data such as your preferences or items in your shopping cart.
• Web Beacons and Pixel Tags
In addition to cookies, we may also use other similar technologies on our websites such as web beacons and pixel tags. For example, when you receive an email from Makerfire, it may contain a click-through URL that links to a Makerfire web page. If you click the link, Makerfire will track your visit to help us learn about your preferences for products and services and improve our customer service. A web beacon is a transparent graphic image embedded in a website or an email. We use pixel tags in emails to find out whether an email has been opened. You can unsubscribe from the Makerfire mailing list at any time if you do not want to be tracked in this manner.
6. Updates to This Policy
7. How to Contact Us